Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Prayers Continue

It's amazing just how much Owen has grown in the seven months since his surgery. At his 15 month check-up last week he weighed in at a healthy 24 pounds 9 ounces (50th percentile) and 33 and 3/4 inches (97th percentile). He's on track with his motor and verbal skills - adding lots of new words each day. We're so excited that he's starting to say two syllable words!

I was looking back at my post from seven months ago on Jan. 30th and we had just finished traveling to Boston. We were hopeful then and continue to remain hopeful. The continued prayers keep us strong and faithful. It's truly heart-warming to hear from the people who continue to pray for Owen. Last Saturday when Eric and I were on the train from NYC to home, Eric ran into a friend who quickly asked how Owen was doing. Although his high school friend works in another country he follows Owen's blog. Last week my mother-in-law forwarded me an email from one of her colleagues who noted that her cousin still prays for Owen every night. About one month ago during a dinner that Eric and I hosted, Eric's colleague's wife told me that she and her mom prayed for Owen. And a few months ago when I was at Stephanie's house (in NY) her father-in-laws' sister said that she prayed for Owen and has him on a pray list that goes to Italy. Also, when I'm at my parent's church, I always hear Owen's name on the list of people to pray for... these are just a FEW of the many people that I know are thinking about and praying for Owen.

These past seven months have taught us more than we ever wanted to know about medical jargon, brain tumors, insurance, etc. but more importantly during the past seven months, we've lived and learned from the power of prayer. Thank you for continuing to pray just as we do each day.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's awesome and still pray for Owen, too! Prayer is so powerful! What a great testimony you have to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! What a testiment to God's amazing Grace for your family. So glad everything is going well for him!
    By the way, yes, I do weight train a little bit, not much (once, maybe twice a week)- my stomach has gotten in the way of some things.
    I ran into Amy Ingalls a couple of weeks ago and had NO idea she lived in Auburn - she was talking about you and Owen. Glad everything is looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers coming. FYI, I have included Owen's name on the prayer list on my blog (with a link back here).

    ReplyDelete