Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kindness continues...

When I went back to work in October, my husband and I had the challenge of finding a day care center for Owen. I had visited seven centers before Owen was born and we had decided on what we thought was "the best" for Owen. Then I was offered a job 30 miles from home, which would mean 30 miles from Owen's daycare... therefore I looked closer to work. One mile from my office I found a wonderful day care center called Kindercare. It's been a blessing because I would go see Owen everyday at lunch and often call multiple times a day (and they don't mind!). When sending Owen to day care, I thought that no one could love him or take care of him like I do... well the teachers at Kidnercare come pretty close!

All the teachers, especially Ms. Laurie, Ms. Madeline, and Ms. Michele, and Ms. Tasha have been wonderful! They were very in tune with Owen as he was losing his motor skills, and they didn't let him sit and cry instead they cuddled, rocked, and loved him... and sent me text messages and text pictures to update me throughout the day. We are so grateful that Owen is surrounded by such caring people during the day. Their caring goes beyond the classroom; they came to visit Owen at the hospital the night of his surgery. Owen may go back to day care soon just for a few days a week so he can be surrounded by his little friends who he really enjoys playing with...

Also, sorority sister and friend Stacy has been a great resource as she works for St. Jude's doing development, which she is very passionate about. She has provided me with the contact of another mother whose son also has a tumor and she sent us a wonderful resource book, which was published by St. Jude Children's Hospital. We thank her for her continued support.

1 comment:

  1. Having great caregivers is such a blessing! I know you are so thankful that Owen is able to spend his days with people who love and care for him. :)

    ReplyDelete