Monday, February 16, 2009

Owie-O

Owen had a wonderfully uneventful past week. We're praying for two more "normal" weeks before the MRI. Last Thursday, Owen started physical and occupational therapy to strengthen his right side. He does have some slight weakness on the right side but we're hopeful that he will be stronger in no time! Our next session is this Thursday. We had a fun weekend at home with him and I enjoyed being home with him today. Tomorrow he will be with Mimi Rose (Eric's mom) and then my grandmother will be spending the week. It will be nice to have her with us.

Last Friday I spoke to Dr. Carson's office (Johns Hopkins). I will be sending all of Owen's films including the next MRI, then Dr. Carson will review the films and hopefully he will bring the films to their Tuesday conference (where the neurosurgeons, oncologist, radiologist, etc. meet weekly, review cases, and provide recommendations). His office will then call us and let us know their opinion and whether we should travel to Hopkins. I'm relieved that they will look at the films BEFORE we drive there, since it's about 8 hours from home. It seems that Owen can take about 3 hours in the car before he starts to have a breakdown... he's been a real trooper though with all of the traveling. Thank you for your continued prayers.

The following is an excerpt from my daily e-devotional. It's a reminder that there is ONE constant in life.

"And He will be the stability of your times" (Isaiah 33:6 (NASB).

After years of living in Washington State we were pulling up roots and leaving strong family ties and friendships behind. To prepare our two-year old daughter for the move, I talked to her about the upcoming changes. "We'll get a new home, make new friends, and find a new church." Her response startled me. "Will we get a new God, too?" I chuckled inside. "No," I reassured her, "that's the one thing that won't change. We'll always have the same God. God never changes." I felt comforted as I thought about my answer to her question. Yes, God would remain the same. He would be my stability during the move and all the upcoming changes. Just as He met our needs in Seattle, He would meet them in San Diego. I could depend on Him to go with us and lead us.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! i love to read each and every post! it is comforting to read that you seem to be doing good and letting your heart rest in God's hands! that devotional is right on - that same God that brought Owen into this world is the same one seeing you all through each and every day!
    i have ya'lls Christmas card on my fridge (only his!!!)...and i see his sweet face all the time and lift up a prayer each and every time i see it!
    love ya martin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a doll!!! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete