Sunday, March 22, 2009

2 More Months

Owen's next MRI is scheduled two months from today for Friday, May 22nd at 8 a.m. at Yale. (which happens to be two days before his first birthday) We will get the results the following Tuesday. We're so hopeful that the next MRI results will be just as promising as the last. Owen is doing so well and getting very strong. This past week he's made lots of progress - rolling all over the rug, picking up his big boy cup and drinking, lifting his arms up to be picked up. He's just so much fun - even when he's cranky because he has four teeth coming in (these eye teeth will make 12 teeth!).

We thank all of those who continue to pray for Owen. One of my favorite prayers to pray over Owen at night is a Prayer to Saint Jude for Healing. The day care provider for my niece and nephew made a donation to the National Shrine of St Jude on behalf of Owen, and in turn sent us a prayer book she received from the donation. This website allows you to submit your prayer online or send your petition without even making a donation. I encourage you to visit the website and pray any of the St. Jude prayers. There are so many people who need healing - who will you pray for this week?

My friends and family were kind enough to pray for childcare for Owen on Thursdays and Fridays. I thank them because their prayers and mine were answered. I was recently offered a part-time position that is much closer to home (about 10 miles rather than 30 miles) and I will only be working Mon-Wed. I will be the one with Owen on Thursdays and Fridays. Eric & I are so excited! I will still be doing what I love, which is practicing public relations. I will be the PR & Development Coordinator for the Visiting Nurses Association of South Central Connecticut. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow me to spend more time with my family.

4 comments:

  1. GREAT news about your job!!! God is SO great!
    I am still praying and believing that Owen will be completely healed. I can't wait to see God further glorified through your sweet little 'Owie'. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job. You are going to love being home with Owen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has a great way of working things out!! AWESOME news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news, Jennifer! So glad Owen is getting such exceptional treatment. And, what an answer to prayers that you have a new position - only 10 miles away! Terrific! We'll keep praying for Owen's health and for yours.

    ReplyDelete