Sunday, May 3, 2009

Owie in Action

Celebrating Mom's 48th Birthday this past Saturday.
Family photo in the backyard.

Memere and Pepere visiting us in CT.


Playdate with Noah at the New Haven Children's Museum.

Owen has been doing well... he's crawling and pulling up on furniture. It's so fun to watch him explore. He gets so excited when he pulls up on the couch - smiling and clapping for himself. I must admit that we clap too - for just about everything he does!

Owen has had some stomach issues for about three months. We finally found out what's wrong. He has c-difficle, which was either from his hospital stay or the antibiotics he was on for the double ear infection. I will let you read about it if you care too - not much fun to talk about on his blog. Regardless, he's on an antibiotic and finally doing much better.

Tomorrow Owen starts a new daycare. Kim will be caring for him at her home daycare. She takes care of two boys (2 & 3 years old) while her own children (7 & 12 years old) are in school during the day. Kim was highly recommended by a mutual friend. We are thrilled that Owen will be going to Kim's home. She appears kind and caring, and was highly recommended by others as well. This situation is truly a blessing. I had looked at two other child care centers and was disheartened as Kindercare in Wallingford had set the bar so high. I then reached out to a wonderful friend from church (a mother of five) and she recommended Kim who is just one mile from our house. Our prayers were answered again. Thanks again to Memere and our family members who helped out since January - we're very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. He is so so precious!!! I just can't get enough of his sweet smile!
    Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos and updates! I wish you were near here so your Troy friends could help, too. We keep all of you in our hearts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete