Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Owie Update

Owen is doing well. His double ear infection is better (which we know because we went to the Dr. again today). We had some concerns about his fluid intake so his pediatrician gave us some options such as incorporating yogurt and cottage cheese. For some reason Owen has no interest in drinking milk, juice, or water... not sure why... perhaps it's just a phase! He only wants to drink 3 ounces at about 2am and this is becoming a habit... and then he's sleeping the rest of the night.

His MRI is scheduled for Friday, February 27th and our follow-up appointment with the Yale oncologist is scheduled for March 3rd. Hopefully we will have a plan based upon the results of the MRI. Thank you for your continued emails assuring us that you're still praying. We believe that your prayers are helping him to heal so quickly.

Well I'm going to keep this brief tonight because I'm tired from my first day back at work. The day went well but it was a bit tiring... and it was a bit challenging to refocus my energy on my job. I trust that it will get easier as the days go bye. Owen was in good hands though as my grandmother took great care of him.

5 comments:

  1. Glad that Owen is feeling better. Hopefully the ear infections are gone. We are lifting you guys up. Waiting in Great expectation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that Owen is doing well. He and your family are continually in our prayers and I look forward to more good news! Keep on updating when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...so glad I found your blog! We have our Sunday school class praying for Owen. I checked in this morning for an update before we head over to class to lift up your little guy in prayer. You have such a precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Owen is doing better. Hopefully he'll be over his phase with the drinks soon. :)
    Praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that Owen is doing well! We ARE still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete