Sunday, January 25, 2009

Owen had a great weekend. It's so nice that he's back to his old self. We spent every minute playing with him. Yesterday was his 8 month birthday and we were so blessed to have him home and happy! You would never know that there is anything else wrong with him.

The prayers and outreach have been amazing, touching, and heartfelt. With everyone praying for him it's evident that he will get better. I feel a sense of calmness over me, knowing that so many people are thinking of Owen and praying for his health and the well being of our family.

We have yet to receive word from any doctors but I will be on the phone in the morning. We're hoping to hear something from Johns Hopkins, Sloan Kettering, and Columbia tomorrow. It's our hope that several of these appointments can be scheduled this week. I think we'll have four opinions and then decide upon the best treatment and doctor. We will keep you posted. Please keep praying and invite people to join the prayer at the Praying for Owen facebook group.

10 comments:

  1. wow. jennifer this is shelley streed. i just saw this tonight. i will be thinking yall and lifting up your family owen often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Joy Graham Bragan. Jennifer, i am praying for you, Eric & Owen. Thinking of you guys often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still praying, Jennifer, and Channing and I prayed with an elder at our church yesterday. We also added you to the prayer list, so the prayer team will be lifting you guys up too. I am just SO FULL OF FAITH that little Owen will be healed. God's Name is bigger than any tumor! I can't wait to see Him at work!!! :)
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about your precious boy from Candace Nelson. I will be praying for Owen and for you. God can and does do great things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, Jennifer and Owen, You are all in my thoughts and in my heart. I am sending all of my hope and strength to you. Much love, Cailin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric & Jennifer,

    I found this poem and thought I would share with you to help comfort you and let you know that Owen was given a guardian angel from our Lord.


    Your Special Angel

    I am your special angel,
    On orders from above.
    To see that as a child of God,
    You receive some special love.

    God sent me down to find you,
    I knew exactly where to look.
    For your name is written down,
    In God's big address book.

    He said I'd recognize you,
    From your tiny turned-up nose.
    You'd also have two shell-like ears,
    Complete with two ear lobes.

    He gave me then a choice,
    Of your left ear or your right.
    Said I could stay in either one,
    So I'd be with you day and night.

    So, if your ear begins to tickle,
    From the flutter of my wings.
    Remember I'm an angel,
    And angels do those things.

    Now, if you get to feeling sad,
    Or maybe kind of scared.
    Just tug upon your earlobe,
    I promise to be there.

    I'll come straight to your rescue,
    Because that's my job to do.
    God thinks you're very special,
    That's why He sent me down to you!

    Virginia Ellis


    Your are in our thoughts and prayers! Please let us know if there is anything we may do for you.
    Love,
    Uncle Ron, Aunt Terry & the boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura Renfroe, a friend of Candace Nelson's. Praying for your family, your precious baby, for healing...right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martin,
    I've passed this prayer request onto everyone! and my mom has got you on her prayer chains as well. I know God will heal little Owen. Please let me know if you need anything besides prayer. I love you! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer - I just heard about Owen at QU. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I know you'll make the right decisions about the doctor, treatment, etc. Let me know if I can do anything! Vicki Todd

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer,

    Jason got your email and we are sorry to hear about your precious baby boy. We are praying for you all and have added you to our prayer list at church. Prayer is a GREAT thing! We will stay up to date through your blog.
    Elly,Jason, Kate and the Boys

    ReplyDelete